Music Managers Forum Canada
Job Opening for ‘Operations Manager’
Application Deadline: February 14, 2017
MMF Canada is the collective voice of artist managers and self-managed artists. MMF Canada is a member-based not-for-profit trade association dedicated to helping grow artist businesses through education, networking and advocacy. MMF produces events that include the Managers’ Huddle Series, the Master Class series, activities at various conferences around the world, and the annual Honour Roll Awards Dinner & Reception. www.musicmanagersforum.ca
Music Managers Forum Canada is seeking a responsible and motivated entrepreneurial leader to leverage the organization’s success to date and spearhead its growth moving forward. Reporting directly to the MMF President, and under the guidance of the Board of Directors, the Operations Manager is responsible for the overall direction and management of the MMF Canada.
The ideal candidate will be an active leader in the community with a proven record of success in operations, events and financial management in a not-for-profit music organization.
- Events: Plan and execute the Workshop Series in partnership with major music conferences and festivals across Canada and around the world, as well as the Annual Honour Roll Awards Reception, Master Class Series, and Managers’ Huddle Series.
- Financial Management: Develop and maintain annual and project budgets, manage organization’s resources, payables and receivables within budget guidelines and perform daily bookkeeping. Research funding and sponsorship sources, write and submit grant proposals, develop sponsorship and marketing packages, administer fundraising reports and documentation, create revenue generating partnerships.
- Communications: Oversee Social Media Management, create and distribute newsletters, create and update website content and all other digital and print communications. Manage membership system of over 160 music managers representing over 300 national and international acts, member communications, maintain and source out discounts for members, provide members with learning, networking and money saving opportunities.
Skills & Requirements:
- Post Secondary education in Arts Management, Business Management, or equivalent
- 3-plus years of leadership experience preferably in a NFP music organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain budgets and relationships
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume as one document by Tuesday February 14, 2017 by email to email@example.com. Note that this is an ongoing contract position renewed annually. Only successful candidates will be notified.